A woman claims she suffered severe injuries to her head, shoulder, neck and arms after a driver side-swiped her motorcycle.
Amy T. Koehler filed a lawsuit Jan. 4 in Madison County Circuit Court against Sandra K. Wrigley.
In her complaint, Koehler alleges she drove a 2006 Harley Davidson Sportster north on Troy O’Fallon Road approaching its intersection with Lebanon Road in Jarvis Township on Aug. 11, 2011. At the same time, Wrigley drove a 2008 Buick Utility behind her, according to the complaint.
Suddenly, Wrigley attempted to pass Koehler and to make a right-hand turn onto Lebanon Road, the suit states. Instead, she struck the side and rear of Koehler’s Harley Davidson, the complaint says.
In addition to her injuries, Koehler claims she suffered extreme pain, lost wages, incurred medical costs, endured a disability and lost her normal life because of the collision.
She blames Wrigley for causing the collision, saying she negligently failed to keep her vehicle under proper control, failed to keep a proper lookout for Koehler, failed to reduce her speed to avoid a collision, drove on the shoulder of the road and failed to turn from the proper lane.
John T. Papa of Callis, Papa, Hale and Szewczyk in Granite City will be representing her.
Madison County Circuit Court case number: 13-L-15.
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker