A woman claims she suffered head, neck, back, right shoulder, elbow and arm injuries after the driver of a Mustang caused the vehicle to leave the road and overturn.
Teresa M. Naler filed a lawsuit Jan. 4 in Madison County Circuit Court against Jeffrey H. McGathey.
In her complaint, Naler alleges she rode in a 2007 Ford Mustang McGathey was driving on Illinois 162 between its intersection with Maryville Road and Edwardsville Road in Nameoki Township on April 16, 2011. Suddenly, McGathey lost control of his vehicle, causing it to leave the road and overturn, according to the complaint.
As a result of the collision, Naler became sick, sore, lame and disordered; suffered great pain and anguish; and incurred medical costs, the suit states. She also suffered an internal derangement of her injured body parts and was forced to take medications for her injuries, the complaint says.
She blames McGathey for causing the collision, saying he failed to keep the vehicle under proper control, drove too fast, followed another vehicle too closely and failed to stay in his designated lane.
Naler seeks a judgment of more than $50,000, plus costs.
Richard G. Reed of Reed and Bruhn in Belleville will be representing her.
Madison County Circuit Court case number: 13-L-17.
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident