A woman claims she suffered head, neck, back, right shoulder, elbow and arm injuries after the driver of a Mustang caused the vehicle to leave the road and overturn.
Teresa M. Naler filed a lawsuit Jan. 4 in Madison County Circuit Court against Jeffrey H. McGathey.
In her complaint, Naler alleges she rode in a 2007 Ford Mustang McGathey was driving on Illinois 162 between its intersection with Maryville Road and Edwardsville Road in Nameoki Township on April 16, 2011. Suddenly, McGathey lost control of his vehicle, causing it to leave the road and overturn, according to the complaint.
As a result of the collision, Naler became sick, sore, lame and disordered; suffered great pain and anguish; and incurred medical costs, the suit states. She also suffered an internal derangement of her injured body parts and was forced to take medications for her injuries, the complaint says.
She blames McGathey for causing the collision, saying he failed to keep the vehicle under proper control, drove too fast, followed another vehicle too closely and failed to stay in his designated lane.
Naler seeks a judgment of more than $50,000, plus costs.
Richard G. Reed of Reed and Bruhn in Belleville will be representing her.
Madison County Circuit Court case number: 13-L-17.
- Moore to formally announce candidacy for Fifth District Appellate Court
- Guntli and French join HeplerBroom as associate attorneys
- Castillo joins PohlmanUSA as account executive
- Greensfelder firm adds two attorneys at St. Louis office
- Madison County invests $1.6 million in Granite City school bonds
- Sheldon Silver corruption trial set to begin next month; Former NY assembly speaker drops key witness
- Prenzler says he will run for Madison County Board Chairman; Proposes 10 percent reduction in property tax levy
- Belleville's city clerk announces bid for circuit clerk seat
- Illinois’s mass exodus: New IRS data shows significance of outmigration
- Renewable energy advocates continue push for Clean Jobs Bill; Big provider wants low-emission nuclear in discussion