A woman claims she suffered head, neck, back, right shoulder, elbow and arm injuries after the driver of a Mustang caused the vehicle to leave the road and overturn.
Teresa M. Naler filed a lawsuit Jan. 4 in Madison County Circuit Court against Jeffrey H. McGathey.
In her complaint, Naler alleges she rode in a 2007 Ford Mustang McGathey was driving on Illinois 162 between its intersection with Maryville Road and Edwardsville Road in Nameoki Township on April 16, 2011. Suddenly, McGathey lost control of his vehicle, causing it to leave the road and overturn, according to the complaint.
As a result of the collision, Naler became sick, sore, lame and disordered; suffered great pain and anguish; and incurred medical costs, the suit states. She also suffered an internal derangement of her injured body parts and was forced to take medications for her injuries, the complaint says.
She blames McGathey for causing the collision, saying he failed to keep the vehicle under proper control, drove too fast, followed another vehicle too closely and failed to stay in his designated lane.
Naler seeks a judgment of more than $50,000, plus costs.
Richard G. Reed of Reed and Bruhn in Belleville will be representing her.
Madison County Circuit Court case number: 13-L-17.
- Man injured when defendant drives into oncoming traffic, suit states
- Missouri couple sues over alleged injuries after accident on North Illinois Street
- Allegedly injured in well explosion, driver seeks damages from five defendants
- Negligence, wrongful death among counts against Anderson Hospital and physician
- State rep calls for investigation into Mautino's campaign finances
- Governor, legislators roll out downsizing bills; Rauner: Downsizing, tax relief among budget keys
- Son blames dozens of companies for father's exposure to asbestos, death
- Laborers' pension fund alleges Rawson Excavating failed to contribute funds
- Ex-worker alleges wrongful termination by Effingham County Health Department
- Motorist alleges another driver's negligence led to accident, injuries