A personal injury trial that was scheduled to begin Jan. 22 in a case against Inn Between Tavern and Corey Glenn has been continued.
Madison County Circuit Judge William Mudge granted a continuance request brought Jan. 3 by plaintiff Fred Fox Jr.
Fox's attorney Morgan Scroggins made the request stating that discovery is not yet complete.
Fox sued in April 2010 over an incident that allegedly occurred at the Granite City establishment on May 1, 2009. He alleges that Glenn, struck him in the face with no warning or provocation.
Fox says Inn Between Tavern should be held accountable for the attack, because it failed to provide security to break up fights, failed to protect patrons from injury and failed to warn of dangerous conditions.
He seeks a judgment of more than $50,000.
The tavern claims the plaintiff provoked other patrons into striking him by attempting to instigate a physical confrontation with them and verbally antagonizing or threatening said patrons.
The tavern also says the plaintiff’s damages were caused by the plaintiff’s negligence in that he intentionally involved himself in a physical confrontation with Glenn and other patrons.
Morgan Scroggins of Scroggins Law Office in Granite City represents Fox.
John Cunningham of Brown & James represents Inn Between Tavern.
Mudge has not yet rescheduled the trial.
Madison County Circuit Court case number: 10-L-465.
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident