A woman claims her orthopedic surgeon failed to properly align her knee during a knee replacement procedure.
Robin Jett filed a lawsuit Dec. 20 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against Donald Johnston and HSHS Medical Group.
In her complaint, Jett alleges she had been experiencing knee pain when Johnston elected to perform a left total knee arthroplasty at St. Elizabeth’s Hospital on Jan. 3, 2011.
However, following the procedure, Jett continued to experience pain, according to the complaint. Her left lower leg seemed to emerge outwards, but Johnston assured Jett it would straighten over time, the suit states.
Because Johnston failed to perform corrective procedures on Jett’s leg, she began to seek advice from other medical professionals who determined that the left knee replacement was misaligned. Jett was forced to undergo a revision of her left knee arthroplasty, the complaint says.
Due to Johnston’s action, Jett claims she incurred additional medical costs and endured pain and suffering.
Jett blames Johnston for causing her injuries, saying he negligently improperly performed a knee replacement surgery, improperly implanted the knee replacement, improperly aligned the knee replacement components and failed to diagnose the cause of Jett’s post-operative knee pain, among other negligent acts.
In her complaint, Jett seeks a judgment of more than $50,000, plus costs and other relief the court deems just.
Todd N. Hendrickson of the Law Offices of Todd N. Hendrickson in Clayton will be representing her.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 12-L-667.
- Man alleges condition was misdiagnosed, sues doctors
- Daughter alleges father's death was a result of asbestos exposure
- Woman sues Sure Shine Auto Wash over alleged injuries
- Integrity Healthcare of Godfrey sued over wrongful death allegations
- Man injured when defendant drives into oncoming traffic, suit states
- Missouri couple sues over alleged injuries after accident on North Illinois Street
- Allegedly injured in well explosion, driver seeks damages from five defendants
- Negligence, wrongful death among counts against Anderson Hospital and physician
- State rep calls for investigation into Mautino's campaign finances
- Governor, legislators roll out downsizing bills; Rauner: Downsizing, tax relief among budget keys