A truck driver from Texas says a Madison County commercial truck dealership is liable for injuries he allegedly received after slipping on icy pavement.
Lonnie and Ginny Chappell filed a lawsuit Dec. 13 in Madison County Circuit Court against Truck Centers Inc. and Jesse Yates.
Chappell claims he drove his semi-truck to Truck Centers dealership on Formosa Road in Troy in December 2010 to be serviced. The driver says he was told by a Truck Center employee to park his truck in the parking lot. After parking, Chappell alleges he stepped out the cab and lost his footing on the icy pavement.
Chappell says he was hurt in the fall and accuses Truck Centers and its manager, Yates, of negligence. Chapell's wife is suing for loss of consortium. They seek more than $50,000 in damages for medical expenses, loss of income and court costs.
Attorney Celestine Dotson of St. Louis represents the Chappells. They ask for a jury trial.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-2023
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker