A truck driver from Texas says a Madison County commercial truck dealership is liable for injuries he allegedly received after slipping on icy pavement.
Lonnie and Ginny Chappell filed a lawsuit Dec. 13 in Madison County Circuit Court against Truck Centers Inc. and Jesse Yates.
Chappell claims he drove his semi-truck to Truck Centers dealership on Formosa Road in Troy in December 2010 to be serviced. The driver says he was told by a Truck Center employee to park his truck in the parking lot. After parking, Chappell alleges he stepped out the cab and lost his footing on the icy pavement.
Chappell says he was hurt in the fall and accuses Truck Centers and its manager, Yates, of negligence. Chapell's wife is suing for loss of consortium. They seek more than $50,000 in damages for medical expenses, loss of income and court costs.
Attorney Celestine Dotson of St. Louis represents the Chappells. They ask for a jury trial.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-2023
- Parents blame Norfolk Southern Railway for son's death
- Letter supporting Sen. Kirk's call for DOJ to pursue Backpage.com
- Obama calls for building better politics; GOP focuses on his remarks on redistricting
- Rauner’s lawsuit reforms will create jobs in Illinois
- Legal immigration under certain circumstances
- Father alleges Atrium Health Care mishandled daughter's medical condition
- Family blames Memorial Hospital of Carbondale for relative's wrongful death
- Illinois couple blames McBride, Lock for data breach
- Madison County motorist blames another driver for collision, injuries
- Customer blames Jack in the Box for injuries at restaurant