A truck driver from Texas says a Madison County commercial truck dealership is liable for injuries he allegedly received after slipping on icy pavement.
Lonnie and Ginny Chappell filed a lawsuit Dec. 13 in Madison County Circuit Court against Truck Centers Inc. and Jesse Yates.
Chappell claims he drove his semi-truck to Truck Centers dealership on Formosa Road in Troy in December 2010 to be serviced. The driver says he was told by a Truck Center employee to park his truck in the parking lot. After parking, Chappell alleges he stepped out the cab and lost his footing on the icy pavement.
Chappell says he was hurt in the fall and accuses Truck Centers and its manager, Yates, of negligence. Chapell's wife is suing for loss of consortium. They seek more than $50,000 in damages for medical expenses, loss of income and court costs.
Attorney Celestine Dotson of St. Louis represents the Chappells. They ask for a jury trial.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-2023
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident