Madison County Circuit Judge Dennis Ruth has set a Jan. 18 hearing for Granite City and Madison County Mass Transit District’s motion to dismiss a bicyclist's personal injury suit.
The district filed its motion to dismiss Dec. 20, stating that it is a local public entity, not liable for an injury where liability is based on the existence of a condition of any public property intended or permitted to be used for recreational purposes, including parks, playgrounds and open areas.
Ian Hester sued the entities last April over a July 24, 2011 bicycle accident on Confluence Trail.
He claims he fell more than 10 feet when he tumbled off a road while riding his bicycle, mistakenly believing the road ended in a bike trail.
Hester seeks a judgment exceeding $50,000.
He is represented by Samantha S. Unsell of Belleville.
Donald Ohl of Heather Mueller-Jones in Edwardsville represents the Agency for Community Transit.
Eric Evans of Evans Blasi in Granite City represents Granite City.
Madison County Circuit Court case number: 12-L-549.
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident