St. Clair County Circuit Judge Vincent Lopinot on Dec. 19 dismissed a lawsuit filed by Phillip Jameson of St. Clair County against Preferred Pasta, owner of Pasta House Restaurant.
Jameson sued in August 2011 after he allegedly fell face down into a shelf of glasses while on his way to the restroom at the Fairview Heights restaurant.
He alleges the fall left him with facial deformities and permanent physical injuries. He claimed the owners of the restaurant were responsible for the damages.
Defense attorney Mark Osland of St. Louis stated Jameson failed to watch where he was going and did not seek assistance before attempting to move about the restaurant or descend steps.
Osland said Jameson contributed to his own injuries, and any recovery should be reduced or barred.
Steven Kellogg of Springfield represented Jameson.
St. Clair County case number 11-L-440
- Simmons Foundation gave $2.5 million to Columbia Univ. over four years; Simmons firm received 26 asbestos referrals over same period
- Defendants in tax sale class action granted leave to appeal; High court directs Fifth District to vacate earlier orders
- Motorist alleges driver negligent in Belleville collision
- Former mayor alleges St. Jacob trustee made defamatory statements
- Belleville woman alleges motorist's negligence caused collision
- Patient accuses dentist of shoddy work
- Motorist blames vehicle's driver, owner for injuries she suffered in crash
- The Big Bad Lopinot gets blowback
- Couple alleges motorist negligent in collision
- Sanctions sought against asbestos lawyers for using John Crane as 'shill' to keep cases in Cook County