St. Clair County Circuit Judge Vincent Lopinot on Dec. 19 dismissed a lawsuit filed by Phillip Jameson of St. Clair County against Preferred Pasta, owner of Pasta House Restaurant.
Jameson sued in August 2011 after he allegedly fell face down into a shelf of glasses while on his way to the restroom at the Fairview Heights restaurant.
He alleges the fall left him with facial deformities and permanent physical injuries. He claimed the owners of the restaurant were responsible for the damages.
Defense attorney Mark Osland of St. Louis stated Jameson failed to watch where he was going and did not seek assistance before attempting to move about the restaurant or descend steps.
Osland said Jameson contributed to his own injuries, and any recovery should be reduced or barred.
Steven Kellogg of Springfield represented Jameson.
St. Clair County case number 11-L-440
- Madison County civil docket Oct. 13-16
- Madison County asbestos motion docket Oct. 13-14
- Madison County foreclosures Sept. 28-Oct. 2
- St. Clair County foreclosures Sept. 21-30
- Are we wasting money on the Citizens Utility Board?
- Madison County real estate Sept. 16-22
- St. Clair County real estate Sept. 21-25
- Asbestos plaintiff attorney says there is no 'one size fits all' asbestos exposure, calls all exposures causative
- Glen Carbon gym calls faulty toilet ‘open and obvious condition’
- Hardee’s seeks to dismiss customer’s suit alleging bathroom assault