St. Clair County Circuit Judge Vincent Lopinot on Dec. 19 dismissed a lawsuit filed by Phillip Jameson of St. Clair County against Preferred Pasta, owner of Pasta House Restaurant.
Jameson sued in August 2011 after he allegedly fell face down into a shelf of glasses while on his way to the restroom at the Fairview Heights restaurant.
He alleges the fall left him with facial deformities and permanent physical injuries. He claimed the owners of the restaurant were responsible for the damages.
Defense attorney Mark Osland of St. Louis stated Jameson failed to watch where he was going and did not seek assistance before attempting to move about the restaurant or descend steps.
Osland said Jameson contributed to his own injuries, and any recovery should be reduced or barred.
Steven Kellogg of Springfield represented Jameson.
St. Clair County case number 11-L-440
- Retired federal judge Stiehl passes away at age 90
- Why Indiana's population grows faster than Illinois'
- Former judge Murphy sues insurer to force payment for suspicious fire
- Motorist blames two drivers for injuries in chain reaction collision
- Belleville attorney alleges legal malpractice suit barred by statute of limitations
- Flooring companies seek to dismiss man’s lawsuit alleging chemical exposures caused Parkinson’s disease
- Wal-Mart removes customer’s suit alleging injuries from automatic doors
- Belleclair Fairgrounds Park denies liability in man’s suit alleging collapsed chair
- Collinsville attorney and adoption agency deny liability in botched adoption
- Injured customer blames Walmart for slippery floor