St. Clair County Circuit Judge Vincent Lopinot on Dec. 19 dismissed a lawsuit filed by Phillip Jameson of St. Clair County against Preferred Pasta, owner of Pasta House Restaurant.
Jameson sued in August 2011 after he allegedly fell face down into a shelf of glasses while on his way to the restroom at the Fairview Heights restaurant.
He alleges the fall left him with facial deformities and permanent physical injuries. He claimed the owners of the restaurant were responsible for the damages.
Defense attorney Mark Osland of St. Louis stated Jameson failed to watch where he was going and did not seek assistance before attempting to move about the restaurant or descend steps.
Osland said Jameson contributed to his own injuries, and any recovery should be reduced or barred.
Steven Kellogg of Springfield represented Jameson.
St. Clair County case number 11-L-440
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker