A St. Clair County woman says she was hurt when she was hit by an insulation truck while driving in Belleville.
Julie A. Gettys filed a lawsuit Nov. 28 in Madison County Circuit Court against Paul D. Kroener and Rebel Inc.
Gettys says she was driving her Ford Contour west on Carlyle Avenue in March 2011. At the same time, Kroener was driving a Dodge Caravan east on Carlyle Avenue, according to the complaint. Gettys alleges Kroener tried to turn left onto North Green Mount Road and crashed into her.
Gettys is suing Kroener and his employer, Rebel Inc., claiming negligence for allegedly failing to yield to oncoming traffic. She asks for more than $100,000 in damages for medical bills, loss of income and court costs.
Attorney Kevin Boyne of Belleville represents Gettys.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-635
- Brawl over bargaining bill resumes; With no AFSCME contract, stakes are high
- Motorist blames El Greco pizza driver for her injuries
- Wood River customer blames Captain D's for fall, injuries
- Motorist alleges another driver's negligence caused accident, injuries
- Daughter blames Gateway Regional Medical, doctor for mother's death
- Parents blame Norfolk Southern Railway for son's death
- Letter supporting Sen. Kirk's call for DOJ to pursue Backpage.com
- Obama calls for building better politics; GOP focuses on his remarks on redistricting
- Rauner’s lawsuit reforms will create jobs in Illinois
- Legal immigration under certain circumstances