A St. Clair County woman says she was hurt when she was hit by an insulation truck while driving in Belleville.
Julie A. Gettys filed a lawsuit Nov. 28 in Madison County Circuit Court against Paul D. Kroener and Rebel Inc.
Gettys says she was driving her Ford Contour west on Carlyle Avenue in March 2011. At the same time, Kroener was driving a Dodge Caravan east on Carlyle Avenue, according to the complaint. Gettys alleges Kroener tried to turn left onto North Green Mount Road and crashed into her.
Gettys is suing Kroener and his employer, Rebel Inc., claiming negligence for allegedly failing to yield to oncoming traffic. She asks for more than $100,000 in damages for medical bills, loss of income and court costs.
Attorney Kevin Boyne of Belleville represents Gettys.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-635
- Madison County foreclosures Nov. 16-25
- St. Clair County foreclosures Nov. 10-19
- Madison County real estate Nov. 9-13
- St. Clair County real estate Nov. 13-20
- Madison County civil docket Dec. 7
- Madison County asbestos motion docket Dec. 7-11
- How to heal Illinois' economy: Reform permission, friction and preparation policies
- Law enforcement now seizes more property from citizens than burglars
- Sheldon Silver, a high-ranking N.Y. politician and asbestos lawyer, found guilty of corruption
- LeChien: State must pay insurance contributions; Criticizes Springfield’s 'fiddle while burning posture'