A St. Clair County woman says she was hurt when she was hit by an insulation truck while driving in Belleville.
Julie A. Gettys filed a lawsuit Nov. 28 in Madison County Circuit Court against Paul D. Kroener and Rebel Inc.
Gettys says she was driving her Ford Contour west on Carlyle Avenue in March 2011. At the same time, Kroener was driving a Dodge Caravan east on Carlyle Avenue, according to the complaint. Gettys alleges Kroener tried to turn left onto North Green Mount Road and crashed into her.
Gettys is suing Kroener and his employer, Rebel Inc., claiming negligence for allegedly failing to yield to oncoming traffic. She asks for more than $100,000 in damages for medical bills, loss of income and court costs.
Attorney Kevin Boyne of Belleville represents Gettys.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-635
- Renewable energy advocates continue push for Clean Jobs Bill; Big provider wants low-emission nuclear in discussion
- Hylla upheld by appellate court reviewing auto accident trial; Plaintiffs wanted new trial on damages and loss of consortium
- Rauner tries to crank up the pressure; Democrats say he’s peddling old material
- Family Violence Councils in Madison, St. Clair counties work to stop domestic violence
- McCarter announces bid for Congress; Will take on Shimkus in GOP primary
- Let’s let Boys ... become Men
- Madison County asbestos jury docket Oct. 14
- Five things to know about Illinois’ sustainable municipal pension fund
- Hale attorneys must produce communications back to '05; State Farm seeks info for statute of limitations argument
- I-LAW's true motive: Profits before people