A Granite City man has filed suit against the driver who he claims rear-ended his vehicle, causing him to sustain permanently disabling injuries.
Frances Zeigler claims he was driving a 2006 Pontiac G6 near the intersection of Fullerton Road and Illinois Highway 161 in Belleville on Nov. 18, 2011, when defendant Hector Rocha, who was driving a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero, struck the back of Zeigler’s vehicle.
Because of the collision, Zeigler sustained neck and shoulder injuries, experienced pain and suffering and incurred medical costs, according to the complaint. He also lost wages, sustained an impaired earning capacity and lost his enjoyment of a normal life, the suit states.
Zeigler blames Rocha for causing the collision, saying he negligently drove too fast, drove without regard for the safety of others on the road, failed to keep a proper lookout, failed to properly apply his brakes, failed to stop or swerve to avoid a collision and failed to exercise ordinary care for the safety of others.
In his complaint, Zeigler is seeking a judgment of more than $50,000 but less than $75,000, plus costs.
He will be represented by Kevin T. Hoerner of Becker, Paulson, Hoerner and Thompson in Belleville.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 12-L-622.
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker