A Smithton man is accused of causing a multi-car crash at a stoplight in Belleville.
Michael Grimes filed a lawsuit against Curtis Macke Nov. 20 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
Grimes says he was driving a 2006 Hyundai west on Illinois Route 15 in December 2010. Grimes was stopped for traffic at a stoplight at the intersection of Demazenod Drive, according to the complaint, when Macke rear-ended a car being driven by Irma Knapp which crashed into a car driven by Robert McLean. Grimes alleges McLean's car then crashed into the back of his, sending the Hyundai into the vehicle in front of it.
Grimes claims he was hurt in the crash and asks for more than $50,000 in damages for medical expenses, loss of income and court fees.
He is represented by attorney P.K. Johnson of Belleville.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-624
- Man injured when defendant drives into oncoming traffic, suit states
- Missouri couple sues over alleged injuries after accident on North Illinois Street
- Allegedly injured in well explosion, driver seeks damages from five defendants
- Negligence, wrongful death among counts against Anderson Hospital and physician
- State rep calls for investigation into Mautino's campaign finances
- Governor, legislators roll out downsizing bills; Rauner: Downsizing, tax relief among budget keys
- Son blames dozens of companies for father's exposure to asbestos, death
- Laborers' pension fund alleges Rawson Excavating failed to contribute funds
- Ex-worker alleges wrongful termination by Effingham County Health Department
- Motorist alleges another driver's negligence led to accident, injuries