A Smithton man is accused of causing a multi-car crash at a stoplight in Belleville.
Michael Grimes filed a lawsuit against Curtis Macke Nov. 20 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
Grimes says he was driving a 2006 Hyundai west on Illinois Route 15 in December 2010. Grimes was stopped for traffic at a stoplight at the intersection of Demazenod Drive, according to the complaint, when Macke rear-ended a car being driven by Irma Knapp which crashed into a car driven by Robert McLean. Grimes alleges McLean's car then crashed into the back of his, sending the Hyundai into the vehicle in front of it.
Grimes claims he was hurt in the crash and asks for more than $50,000 in damages for medical expenses, loss of income and court fees.
He is represented by attorney P.K. Johnson of Belleville.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-624
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker