A Smithton man is accused of causing a multi-car crash at a stoplight in Belleville.
Michael Grimes filed a lawsuit against Curtis Macke Nov. 20 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
Grimes says he was driving a 2006 Hyundai west on Illinois Route 15 in December 2010. Grimes was stopped for traffic at a stoplight at the intersection of Demazenod Drive, according to the complaint, when Macke rear-ended a car being driven by Irma Knapp which crashed into a car driven by Robert McLean. Grimes alleges McLean's car then crashed into the back of his, sending the Hyundai into the vehicle in front of it.
Grimes claims he was hurt in the crash and asks for more than $50,000 in damages for medical expenses, loss of income and court fees.
He is represented by attorney P.K. Johnson of Belleville.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-624
- Illinois state government takes in more tax dollars per person than every neighboring state
- Davis and Bustos join bipartisan agricultural trade mission to Cuba
- It's amazing what one person can do
- Illinois Supreme Court spokesperson Tybor dies at 68
- Man convicted of aggravated battery to child dismisses defamation suit
- Belleville school district seeks to dismiss suit alleging disabled boy fell down stairs
- Roofing company seeks to dismiss customer’s breach of contract suit
- Progressive removes class action alleging it wouldn’t honor insurance coverage to federal court
- St. Clair County man sues Janssen Research, alleging product killed family member
- NAPA Auto Parts seeks to transfer trip and fall case to Randolph County