A Smithton man is accused of causing a multi-car crash at a stoplight in Belleville.
Michael Grimes filed a lawsuit against Curtis Macke Nov. 20 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
Grimes says he was driving a 2006 Hyundai west on Illinois Route 15 in December 2010. Grimes was stopped for traffic at a stoplight at the intersection of Demazenod Drive, according to the complaint, when Macke rear-ended a car being driven by Irma Knapp which crashed into a car driven by Robert McLean. Grimes alleges McLean's car then crashed into the back of his, sending the Hyundai into the vehicle in front of it.
Grimes claims he was hurt in the crash and asks for more than $50,000 in damages for medical expenses, loss of income and court fees.
He is represented by attorney P.K. Johnson of Belleville.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-624
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident
- Majority of Illinois Independents in favor of government spending cuts, poll says
- Next round begins in lawyers' battle for billions; Tillery team seeks to restore Price, disqualify Karmeier
- General Motors says ignition switch lawsuits are misjoined; Seeks to transfer to Cook County
- IDC supports Prairie Farms in seeking to reverse revived '06 case; Argument centers on plaintiffs' failure to meet deadlines
- Candidate for Recorder says party bosses have attempted to intimidate her from running