A Belleville couple claims their car was rear-ended by another driver who was racing on I-255.
James B. and Suzanne R. Kugler filed a lawsuit against Daren Mantz Oct. 29 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
The Kuglers say they were driving their Honda Accord south on Interstate 255 on July 28. As they passed through the Township of Sugar Loaf, the Kuglers allege they were hit from behind by Mantz, who was driving a Ford Mustang Cobra and allegedly racing another car on the highway.
The couple claims they were hurt in the crash and accuse Mantz of negligence. They ask for more than $100,000 in damages for medical expenses and court costs.
The Kuglers are represented by attorney David C. Nelson of Belleville.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-582
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker