A Belleville couple claims their car was rear-ended by another driver who was racing on I-255.
James B. and Suzanne R. Kugler filed a lawsuit against Daren Mantz Oct. 29 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
The Kuglers say they were driving their Honda Accord south on Interstate 255 on July 28. As they passed through the Township of Sugar Loaf, the Kuglers allege they were hit from behind by Mantz, who was driving a Ford Mustang Cobra and allegedly racing another car on the highway.
The couple claims they were hurt in the crash and accuse Mantz of negligence. They ask for more than $100,000 in damages for medical expenses and court costs.
The Kuglers are represented by attorney David C. Nelson of Belleville.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-582
- Prenzler says he will run for Madison County Board Chairman; Proposes 10 percent reduction in property tax levy
- Belleville's city clerk announces bid for circuit clerk seat
- Illinois’s mass exodus: New IRS data shows significance of outmigration
- Madison County invests $1.6 million in Granite City school bonds; News comes after US Steel says it may shutter plant
- Renewable energy advocates continue push for Clean Jobs Bill; Big provider wants low-emission nuclear in discussion
- Hylla upheld by appellate court reviewing auto accident trial; Plaintiffs wanted new trial on damages and loss of consortium
- Rauner tries to crank up the pressure; Democrats say he’s peddling old material
- Family Violence Councils in Madison, St. Clair counties work to stop domestic violence
- McCarter announces bid for Congress; Will take on Shimkus in GOP primary
- Let’s let Boys ... become Men