A Belleville couple claims their car was rear-ended by another driver who was racing on I-255.
James B. and Suzanne R. Kugler filed a lawsuit against Daren Mantz Oct. 29 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
The Kuglers say they were driving their Honda Accord south on Interstate 255 on July 28. As they passed through the Township of Sugar Loaf, the Kuglers allege they were hit from behind by Mantz, who was driving a Ford Mustang Cobra and allegedly racing another car on the highway.
The couple claims they were hurt in the crash and accuse Mantz of negligence. They ask for more than $100,000 in damages for medical expenses and court costs.
The Kuglers are represented by attorney David C. Nelson of Belleville.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-582
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident