A Belleville couple claims their car was rear-ended by another driver who was racing on I-255.
James B. and Suzanne R. Kugler filed a lawsuit against Daren Mantz Oct. 29 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
The Kuglers say they were driving their Honda Accord south on Interstate 255 on July 28. As they passed through the Township of Sugar Loaf, the Kuglers allege they were hit from behind by Mantz, who was driving a Ford Mustang Cobra and allegedly racing another car on the highway.
The couple claims they were hurt in the crash and accuse Mantz of negligence. They ask for more than $100,000 in damages for medical expenses and court costs.
The Kuglers are represented by attorney David C. Nelson of Belleville.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-582
- This house of CARD's is going to fall eventually
- Judges seek to make things easy on themselves while undermining spirit of law, Dallas Cook argues; Hearing set Feb. 19
- Belleville maritime worker blames SGS Petroleum for injuries on barge
- Motorist alleges another driver smashed into her vehicle
- Couple alleges doctor botched surgery
- Motorist blames St. Clair County for vehicle collision that led to injuries
- Motorist blames another driver for injuries in Waterloo auto collision
- UPS granted summary judgment in dog bite case brought by driver
- Obama's General Assembly visit likely to be about budget impasse and legacy, supporter Coleman says
- Man alleges condition was misdiagnosed, sues doctors