A St. Clair County couple is accused of not making payments on a mortgage of more than $62,000.
HSBC Mortgage Services Inc. filed a lawsuit against Mike and Jeanne Shindler Nov. 2 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
The Shindlers accepted a loan from HSBC in May 2005, according to the complaint. The mortgage company alleges the couple last made a monthly payment in May 2010 and still owes nearly $63,000.
HSBC asks for a judgement of the balance of the mortgage plus interest and court fees. The company is represented by attorney Michael Polk of Naperville.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-594
- Illinois’s mass exodus: New IRS data shows significance of outmigration
- Madison County invests $1.6 million in Granite City school bonds; News comes after US Steel says it may shutter plant
- Renewable energy advocates continue push for Clean Jobs Bill; Big provider wants low-emission nuclear in discussion
- Hylla upheld by appellate court reviewing auto accident trial; Plaintiffs wanted new trial on damages and loss of consortium
- Rauner tries to crank up the pressure; Democrats say he’s peddling old material
- Family Violence Councils in Madison, St. Clair counties work to stop domestic violence
- McCarter announces bid for Congress; Will take on Shimkus in GOP primary
- Let’s let Boys ... become Men
- Madison County asbestos jury docket Oct. 14
- Five things to know about Illinois’ sustainable municipal pension fund