A St. Clair County couple is accused of not making payments on a mortgage of more than $62,000.
HSBC Mortgage Services Inc. filed a lawsuit against Mike and Jeanne Shindler Nov. 2 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
The Shindlers accepted a loan from HSBC in May 2005, according to the complaint. The mortgage company alleges the couple last made a monthly payment in May 2010 and still owes nearly $63,000.
HSBC asks for a judgement of the balance of the mortgage plus interest and court fees. The company is represented by attorney Michael Polk of Naperville.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-594
- Retired federal judge Stiehl passes away at age 90
- Why Indiana's population grows faster than Illinois'
- Former judge Murphy sues insurer to force payment for suspicious fire
- Motorist blames two drivers for injuries in chain reaction collision
- Belleville attorney alleges legal malpractice suit barred by statute of limitations
- Flooring companies seek to dismiss man’s lawsuit alleging chemical exposures caused Parkinson’s disease
- Wal-Mart removes customer’s suit alleging injuries from automatic doors
- Belleclair Fairgrounds Park denies liability in man’s suit alleging collapsed chair
- Collinsville attorney and adoption agency deny liability in botched adoption
- Injured customer blames Walmart for slippery floor