A woman claims she sustained injuries to her neck, back and right hip after a driver struck the back of her vehicle.
Mary Klund filed a lawsuit Oct. 26 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against Christopher Gentner.
In her complaint, Klund claims she rode in a vehicle James Klund was driving on the ramp of exit 292 on Interstate 55 in Chicago when Gentner, who drove in the same direction, struck the back of their vehicle.
In addition to her injuries, Mary Klund suffered severe pain and mental anguish and endured an impaired ability to work, according to the complaint. She also incurred medical costs of $15,000 and lost wages, the suit states.
Gentner negligently failed to keep a proper lookout, failed to keep his vehicle under proper control, failed to maintain a safe distance in traffic, drove too fast and drove into the back of the vehicle in which Klund was riding, the complaint says.
In her complaint, Klund seeks a judgment of more than $10,000 but no more than $50,000, plus costs.
Stephen R. Woodley of Gray, Ritter and Graham in St. Louis and Joseph A. Bartholomew of Cook, Ysursa, Bartholomew, Brauer and Shevlin in Belleville will be representing her.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 12-L-579.
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident