A woman claims she sustained injuries to her neck, back and right hip after a driver struck the back of her vehicle.
Mary Klund filed a lawsuit Oct. 26 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against Christopher Gentner.
In her complaint, Klund claims she rode in a vehicle James Klund was driving on the ramp of exit 292 on Interstate 55 in Chicago when Gentner, who drove in the same direction, struck the back of their vehicle.
In addition to her injuries, Mary Klund suffered severe pain and mental anguish and endured an impaired ability to work, according to the complaint. She also incurred medical costs of $15,000 and lost wages, the suit states.
Gentner negligently failed to keep a proper lookout, failed to keep his vehicle under proper control, failed to maintain a safe distance in traffic, drove too fast and drove into the back of the vehicle in which Klund was riding, the complaint says.
In her complaint, Klund seeks a judgment of more than $10,000 but no more than $50,000, plus costs.
Stephen R. Woodley of Gray, Ritter and Graham in St. Louis and Joseph A. Bartholomew of Cook, Ysursa, Bartholomew, Brauer and Shevlin in Belleville will be representing her.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 12-L-579.
- County Coroner Rick Stone announces plans to retire
- Local leaders want voters to decide whether to dissolve debt-ridden CARD
- Local business owners discuss workers’ comp concerns with Gov. Rauner
- The kingdom of Madison County
- St. Clair County woman sues bowling alley following slip and fall
- Permanent grief claims in trooper widow's wrongful death case open door to discovery
- Madison County case filings expected to level out
- State grants to CUB under Quinn are examples of 'mis-prioritization' of spending, lawmaker says
- Madison County asbestos motion docket Oct. 5-9
- Madison County civil docket Oct. 5-9