A woman claims she sustained injuries to her neck, back and right hip after a driver struck the back of her vehicle.
Mary Klund filed a lawsuit Oct. 26 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against Christopher Gentner.
In her complaint, Klund claims she rode in a vehicle James Klund was driving on the ramp of exit 292 on Interstate 55 in Chicago when Gentner, who drove in the same direction, struck the back of their vehicle.
In addition to her injuries, Mary Klund suffered severe pain and mental anguish and endured an impaired ability to work, according to the complaint. She also incurred medical costs of $15,000 and lost wages, the suit states.
Gentner negligently failed to keep a proper lookout, failed to keep his vehicle under proper control, failed to maintain a safe distance in traffic, drove too fast and drove into the back of the vehicle in which Klund was riding, the complaint says.
In her complaint, Klund seeks a judgment of more than $10,000 but no more than $50,000, plus costs.
Stephen R. Woodley of Gray, Ritter and Graham in St. Louis and Joseph A. Bartholomew of Cook, Ysursa, Bartholomew, Brauer and Shevlin in Belleville will be representing her.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 12-L-579.
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker