An Alton woman is suing the driver of the car that she says tried to turn into a Glen Carbon shopping center and crashed into her.
Shanna M. Gleason filed a lawsuit against Lauren N. Votava Nov. 7 in Madison County Circuit Court.
According to the complaint, Gleason was driving west on Governor's Parkway in August 2011 near the intersection of Edwardsville Crossing Drive. At that same time, Votava, driving east on Governor's Parkway, allegedly tried to turn left into Edwardsville Crossing and crashed into Gleason's car.
Gleason accuses Votava of negligence for allegedly not yielding the right-of-way to oncoming traffic. She asks for more than $50,000 in damages for medical expenses, loss of income and costs of the lawsuit.
Attorney Bob L. Perica of Wood River represents Gleason.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-1814
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident