An Alton woman is suing the driver of the car that she says tried to turn into a Glen Carbon shopping center and crashed into her.
Shanna M. Gleason filed a lawsuit against Lauren N. Votava Nov. 7 in Madison County Circuit Court.
According to the complaint, Gleason was driving west on Governor's Parkway in August 2011 near the intersection of Edwardsville Crossing Drive. At that same time, Votava, driving east on Governor's Parkway, allegedly tried to turn left into Edwardsville Crossing and crashed into Gleason's car.
Gleason accuses Votava of negligence for allegedly not yielding the right-of-way to oncoming traffic. She asks for more than $50,000 in damages for medical expenses, loss of income and costs of the lawsuit.
Attorney Bob L. Perica of Wood River represents Gleason.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-1814
- Retired federal judge Stiehl passes away at age 90
- Why Indiana's population grows faster than Illinois'
- Former judge Murphy sues insurer to force payment for suspicious fire
- Motorist blames two drivers for injuries in chain reaction collision
- Belleville attorney alleges legal malpractice suit barred by statute of limitations
- Flooring companies seek to dismiss man’s lawsuit alleging chemical exposures caused Parkinson’s disease
- Wal-Mart removes customer’s suit alleging injuries from automatic doors
- Belleclair Fairgrounds Park denies liability in man’s suit alleging collapsed chair
- Collinsville attorney and adoption agency deny liability in botched adoption
- Injured customer blames Walmart for slippery floor