An Alton woman is suing the driver of the car that she says tried to turn into a Glen Carbon shopping center and crashed into her.
Shanna M. Gleason filed a lawsuit against Lauren N. Votava Nov. 7 in Madison County Circuit Court.
According to the complaint, Gleason was driving west on Governor's Parkway in August 2011 near the intersection of Edwardsville Crossing Drive. At that same time, Votava, driving east on Governor's Parkway, allegedly tried to turn left into Edwardsville Crossing and crashed into Gleason's car.
Gleason accuses Votava of negligence for allegedly not yielding the right-of-way to oncoming traffic. She asks for more than $50,000 in damages for medical expenses, loss of income and costs of the lawsuit.
Attorney Bob L. Perica of Wood River represents Gleason.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-1814
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker