A Madison County man is suing a driver who allegedly crashed into him at an intersection in Edwardsville.
Alva Richard Thomas filed a lawsuit Nov. 7 in Madison County Circuit Court against Collin L. Schaake.
Thomas says he was driving a Chevy Silverado west on Highway 143 in November 2010. As he crossed the intersection of Interstate 55, Thomas claims Schaake, who was driving northbound on the I-55 off-ramp, tried to turn left on to Highway 143. However, Schaake allegedly failed to yield to Thomas and crashed into the Silverado.
Thomas accuses Schaake of negligence and asks for more than $50,000 in damages for medical expenses, loss of income and court fees. Attorney John T. Papa of Granite City represents Thomas.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-1812
- Biotech X-Ray sued over alleged injuries in Illinois 13 accident
- Mother blames East St. Louis schools for daughter's fall
- Former worker alleges Dollar General fired her for pregnancy
- Kentucky firm alleges Interstate Farm failed to pay for purchases
- Widow alleges asbestos exposure caused husband's premature death
- Customer alleges Autoplex changed terms of contract after it was signed
- Brawl over bargaining bill resumes; With no AFSCME contract, stakes are high
- Motorist blames El Greco pizza driver for her injuries
- Wood River customer blames Captain D's for fall, injuries
- Motorist alleges another driver's negligence caused accident, injuries