A Madison County man is suing a driver who allegedly crashed into him at an intersection in Edwardsville.
Alva Richard Thomas filed a lawsuit Nov. 7 in Madison County Circuit Court against Collin L. Schaake.
Thomas says he was driving a Chevy Silverado west on Highway 143 in November 2010. As he crossed the intersection of Interstate 55, Thomas claims Schaake, who was driving northbound on the I-55 off-ramp, tried to turn left on to Highway 143. However, Schaake allegedly failed to yield to Thomas and crashed into the Silverado.
Thomas accuses Schaake of negligence and asks for more than $50,000 in damages for medical expenses, loss of income and court fees. Attorney John T. Papa of Granite City represents Thomas.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-1812
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker