A Madison County man is suing a driver who allegedly crashed into him at an intersection in Edwardsville.
Alva Richard Thomas filed a lawsuit Nov. 7 in Madison County Circuit Court against Collin L. Schaake.
Thomas says he was driving a Chevy Silverado west on Highway 143 in November 2010. As he crossed the intersection of Interstate 55, Thomas claims Schaake, who was driving northbound on the I-55 off-ramp, tried to turn left on to Highway 143. However, Schaake allegedly failed to yield to Thomas and crashed into the Silverado.
Thomas accuses Schaake of negligence and asks for more than $50,000 in damages for medical expenses, loss of income and court fees. Attorney John T. Papa of Granite City represents Thomas.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-1812
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident