A Madison County man is suing a driver who allegedly crashed into him at an intersection in Edwardsville.
Alva Richard Thomas filed a lawsuit Nov. 7 in Madison County Circuit Court against Collin L. Schaake.
Thomas says he was driving a Chevy Silverado west on Highway 143 in November 2010. As he crossed the intersection of Interstate 55, Thomas claims Schaake, who was driving northbound on the I-55 off-ramp, tried to turn left on to Highway 143. However, Schaake allegedly failed to yield to Thomas and crashed into the Silverado.
Thomas accuses Schaake of negligence and asks for more than $50,000 in damages for medical expenses, loss of income and court fees. Attorney John T. Papa of Granite City represents Thomas.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-1812
- I-LAW's true motive: Profits before people
- Fifth District reverses local courts five times in one week
- I-LAW criticizes judiciary during 'Lawsuit Abuse Awareness' rallies
- Madison County civil docket Oct. 13-16
- Madison County asbestos motion docket Oct. 13-14
- Madison County foreclosures Sept. 28-Oct. 2
- St. Clair County foreclosures Sept. 21-30
- Are we wasting money on the Citizens Utility Board?
- Madison County real estate Sept. 16-22
- St. Clair County real estate Sept. 21-25