A St. Clair County man has filed suit against the driver who he claims failed to obey a traffic signal and struck his vehicle.
Carl Domnick claims he was driving a 2002 Ford Aerotech east on Vieux Carre Drive at its intersection with Route 157 in East St. Louis on Oct. 30, 2010, when defendant Colby M. Adams, who was driving a 2002 Cadillac Seville south on Route 157, disobeyed a traffic signal and struck Domnick’s vehicle.
Because of the collision, Domnick sustained severe injuries to his ribs, left clavicle, left scapula, shoulder, knee, back, leg and groin area and sustained great pain and mental anguish, according to the complaint filed Oct. 26 in St. Clair County Circuit Court. He also lost wages, suffered permanent disability and disfigurement and incurred medical costs, the suit states.
Adams negligently failed to keep his vehicle under proper control, drove too fast, failed to reduce his speed to avoid an accident, failed to obey a traffic signal, failed to keep a proper lookout and failed to yield to other vehicles, the complaint says.
In his complaint, Domnick is seeking a judgment of more than $50,000, plus costs.
Gregory M. Skinner of Belleville will be representing him.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 12-L-580.
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker