A St. Clair County man has filed suit against the driver who he claims failed to obey a traffic signal and struck his vehicle.
Carl Domnick claims he was driving a 2002 Ford Aerotech east on Vieux Carre Drive at its intersection with Route 157 in East St. Louis on Oct. 30, 2010, when defendant Colby M. Adams, who was driving a 2002 Cadillac Seville south on Route 157, disobeyed a traffic signal and struck Domnick’s vehicle.
Because of the collision, Domnick sustained severe injuries to his ribs, left clavicle, left scapula, shoulder, knee, back, leg and groin area and sustained great pain and mental anguish, according to the complaint filed Oct. 26 in St. Clair County Circuit Court. He also lost wages, suffered permanent disability and disfigurement and incurred medical costs, the suit states.
Adams negligently failed to keep his vehicle under proper control, drove too fast, failed to reduce his speed to avoid an accident, failed to obey a traffic signal, failed to keep a proper lookout and failed to yield to other vehicles, the complaint says.
In his complaint, Domnick is seeking a judgment of more than $50,000, plus costs.
Gregory M. Skinner of Belleville will be representing him.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 12-L-580.
- Renewable energy advocates continue push for Clean Jobs Bill; Big provider wants low-emission nuclear in discussion
- Hylla upheld by appellate court reviewing auto accident trial; Plaintiffs wanted new trial on damages and loss of consortium
- Rauner tries to crank up the pressure; Democrats say he’s peddling old material
- Family Violence Councils in Madison, St. Clair counties work to stop domestic violence
- McCarter announces bid for Congress; Will take on Shimkus in GOP primary
- Let’s let Boys ... become Men
- Madison County asbestos jury docket Oct. 14
- Five things to know about Illinois’ sustainable municipal pension fund
- Hale attorneys must produce communications back to '05; State Farm seeks info for statute of limitations argument
- I-LAW's true motive: Profits before people