A plaintiff in a personal injury suit against K Mart Corp. claims a turkey fryer weighing approximately 50 pounds fell from a shelf and hit her in the head.
Elisha N. Naumann filed suit Nov. 15 in Madison County Circuit Court blaming the company for failing to implement adequate policies governing the safe placement, stacking, storage, shelving and retrieval of merchandise.
The alleged incident happened on "November 21, 2012," at the store located on Homer Adams Parkway in Alton, the complaint states.
Naumann seeks damages for injuries that include "severe bruising, contusion, wrenching, straining, spraining, tearing, twisting and pulling of the bones, nerves, tissues, tendons, ligaments and muscles of the head, neck, shoulder, back, and spine, and all musculoskeletal areas adjacent thereto," the complaint states.
She is represented by Bradley Lakin of SL Chapman in St. Louis.
Madison County case number 12-L-1861
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident