A plaintiff in a personal injury suit against K Mart Corp. claims a turkey fryer weighing approximately 50 pounds fell from a shelf and hit her in the head.
Elisha N. Naumann filed suit Nov. 15 in Madison County Circuit Court blaming the company for failing to implement adequate policies governing the safe placement, stacking, storage, shelving and retrieval of merchandise.
The alleged incident happened on "November 21, 2012," at the store located on Homer Adams Parkway in Alton, the complaint states.
Naumann seeks damages for injuries that include "severe bruising, contusion, wrenching, straining, spraining, tearing, twisting and pulling of the bones, nerves, tissues, tendons, ligaments and muscles of the head, neck, shoulder, back, and spine, and all musculoskeletal areas adjacent thereto," the complaint states.
She is represented by Bradley Lakin of SL Chapman in St. Louis.
Madison County case number 12-L-1861
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker