A plaintiff in a personal injury suit against K Mart Corp. claims a turkey fryer weighing approximately 50 pounds fell from a shelf and hit her in the head.
Elisha N. Naumann filed suit Nov. 15 in Madison County Circuit Court blaming the company for failing to implement adequate policies governing the safe placement, stacking, storage, shelving and retrieval of merchandise.
The alleged incident happened on "November 21, 2012," at the store located on Homer Adams Parkway in Alton, the complaint states.
Naumann seeks damages for injuries that include "severe bruising, contusion, wrenching, straining, spraining, tearing, twisting and pulling of the bones, nerves, tissues, tendons, ligaments and muscles of the head, neck, shoulder, back, and spine, and all musculoskeletal areas adjacent thereto," the complaint states.
She is represented by Bradley Lakin of SL Chapman in St. Louis.
Madison County case number 12-L-1861
- I-LAW's true motive: Profits before people
- Fifth District reverses local courts five times in one week
- I-LAW criticizes judiciary during 'Lawsuit Abuse Awareness' rallies
- Madison County civil docket Oct. 13-16
- Madison County asbestos motion docket Oct. 13-14
- Madison County foreclosures Sept. 28-Oct. 2
- St. Clair County foreclosures Sept. 21-30
- Are we wasting money on the Citizens Utility Board?
- Madison County real estate Sept. 16-22
- St. Clair County real estate Sept. 21-25