A driver who allegedly sustained injuries in a rear-end collision seeks more than $50,000 from the driver who she deems responsible for the accident.
Angela Hausmann filed a lawsuit Oct. 26 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against Natalie Williams.
In her complaint, Hausmann claims she drove a 2002 Ford Focus north on Hartman Lane in Shiloh on May 31 at about 6:25 p.m. when she stopped for traffic. Suddenly, Williams, who was driving a 2008 Ford Escape in the same direction, struck the back of Hausmann’s vehicle, according to the complaint.
Because of the collision, Hausmann sustained neck and back injuries, experienced severe pain and suffering and was hindered from attending to her normal duties, the suit states. She also lost large sums of money and incurred medical costs, the complaint says.
Hausmann blames Williams for causing the collision, saying she negligently drove too fast, failed to apply her brakes, failed to decrease her speed to avoid a collision, failed to keep her vehicle under proper control, failed to stop in time to avoid a collision, drove too closely and failed to keep a proper lookout for other vehicles on the road.
In her complaint, Williams is seeking a judgment of more than $50,000, plus costs and other relief the court deems just.
Patricia A. Zimmer of Ripplinger and Zimmer in Belleville will be representing her.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 12-L-577.
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident