A driver who allegedly sustained injuries in a rear-end collision seeks more than $50,000 from the driver who she deems responsible for the accident.
Angela Hausmann filed a lawsuit Oct. 26 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against Natalie Williams.
In her complaint, Hausmann claims she drove a 2002 Ford Focus north on Hartman Lane in Shiloh on May 31 at about 6:25 p.m. when she stopped for traffic. Suddenly, Williams, who was driving a 2008 Ford Escape in the same direction, struck the back of Hausmann’s vehicle, according to the complaint.
Because of the collision, Hausmann sustained neck and back injuries, experienced severe pain and suffering and was hindered from attending to her normal duties, the suit states. She also lost large sums of money and incurred medical costs, the complaint says.
Hausmann blames Williams for causing the collision, saying she negligently drove too fast, failed to apply her brakes, failed to decrease her speed to avoid a collision, failed to keep her vehicle under proper control, failed to stop in time to avoid a collision, drove too closely and failed to keep a proper lookout for other vehicles on the road.
In her complaint, Williams is seeking a judgment of more than $50,000, plus costs and other relief the court deems just.
Patricia A. Zimmer of Ripplinger and Zimmer in Belleville will be representing her.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 12-L-577.
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker