A Madison County restaurant owner is being sued after one of his customers allegedly tripped and fell on a floor mat.
Peggy J. Brown filed a lawsuit Nov. 1 in Madison County Circuit Court against Joe Morales, La Piadad Inc., doing business as Los Tres Amigos Restaurant, Cintas Corporation and Cintas Corporation No. 2.
According to the complaint, Morales owns several Los Tres Amigos restaurants in Madison County and one in Jersey County. Brown says she was a customer at the Jerseyville location in the 900 block of State Street in December 2011.
As she was leaving the restaurant, Brown claims she caught her foot in a curled up floor mat, fell and hurt her left arm. She accuses the restaurant and its owner of negligence for allowing a floor mat to be a danger to customers. Brown also alleges the Cintas Corporation is liable and negligent for providing the restaurant with unsafe floor mats.
Brown asks for more than $300,000 in damages for medical expenses and court costs.
She is represented by attorney J. Robert Edmonds of Alton.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-1779
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker