A Madison County restaurant owner is being sued after one of his customers allegedly tripped and fell on a floor mat.
Peggy J. Brown filed a lawsuit Nov. 1 in Madison County Circuit Court against Joe Morales, La Piadad Inc., doing business as Los Tres Amigos Restaurant, Cintas Corporation and Cintas Corporation No. 2.
According to the complaint, Morales owns several Los Tres Amigos restaurants in Madison County and one in Jersey County. Brown says she was a customer at the Jerseyville location in the 900 block of State Street in December 2011.
As she was leaving the restaurant, Brown claims she caught her foot in a curled up floor mat, fell and hurt her left arm. She accuses the restaurant and its owner of negligence for allowing a floor mat to be a danger to customers. Brown also alleges the Cintas Corporation is liable and negligent for providing the restaurant with unsafe floor mats.
Brown asks for more than $300,000 in damages for medical expenses and court costs.
She is represented by attorney J. Robert Edmonds of Alton.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-1779
- Dram Shop suit at trial in Judge Ruth’s courtroom
- Illinois state government takes in more tax dollars per person than every neighboring state
- Davis and Bustos join bipartisan agricultural trade mission to Cuba
- It's amazing what one person can do
- Illinois Supreme Court spokesperson Tybor dies at 68
- Man convicted of aggravated battery to child dismisses defamation suit
- Belleville school district seeks to dismiss suit alleging disabled boy fell down stairs
- Roofing company seeks to dismiss customer’s breach of contract suit
- Progressive removes class action alleging it wouldn’t honor insurance coverage to federal court
- St. Clair County man sues Janssen Research, alleging product killed family member