A Madison County restaurant owner is being sued after one of his customers allegedly tripped and fell on a floor mat.
Peggy J. Brown filed a lawsuit Nov. 1 in Madison County Circuit Court against Joe Morales, La Piadad Inc., doing business as Los Tres Amigos Restaurant, Cintas Corporation and Cintas Corporation No. 2.
According to the complaint, Morales owns several Los Tres Amigos restaurants in Madison County and one in Jersey County. Brown says she was a customer at the Jerseyville location in the 900 block of State Street in December 2011.
As she was leaving the restaurant, Brown claims she caught her foot in a curled up floor mat, fell and hurt her left arm. She accuses the restaurant and its owner of negligence for allowing a floor mat to be a danger to customers. Brown also alleges the Cintas Corporation is liable and negligent for providing the restaurant with unsafe floor mats.
Brown asks for more than $300,000 in damages for medical expenses and court costs.
She is represented by attorney J. Robert Edmonds of Alton.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-1779
- Motorist blames two drivers for injuries in chain reaction collision
- Belleville attorney alleges legal malpractice suit barred by statute of limitations
- Flooring companies seek to dismiss man’s lawsuit alleging chemical exposures caused Parkinson’s disease
- Wal-Mart removes customer’s suit alleging injuries from automatic doors
- Belleclair Fairgrounds Park denies liability in man’s suit alleging collapsed chair
- Collinsville attorney and adoption agency deny liability in botched adoption
- Injured customer blames Walmart for slippery floor
- This house of CARD's is going to fall eventually
- Funding shortfalls for higher ed have more to do with bloated pensions and admin costs, not lack of budget, report says
- Madison County civil docket Feb. 16-19