A Madison County restaurant owner is being sued after one of his customers allegedly tripped and fell on a floor mat.
Peggy J. Brown filed a lawsuit Nov. 1 in Madison County Circuit Court against Joe Morales, La Piadad Inc., doing business as Los Tres Amigos Restaurant, Cintas Corporation and Cintas Corporation No. 2.
According to the complaint, Morales owns several Los Tres Amigos restaurants in Madison County and one in Jersey County. Brown says she was a customer at the Jerseyville location in the 900 block of State Street in December 2011.
As she was leaving the restaurant, Brown claims she caught her foot in a curled up floor mat, fell and hurt her left arm. She accuses the restaurant and its owner of negligence for allowing a floor mat to be a danger to customers. Brown also alleges the Cintas Corporation is liable and negligent for providing the restaurant with unsafe floor mats.
Brown asks for more than $300,000 in damages for medical expenses and court costs.
She is represented by attorney J. Robert Edmonds of Alton.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-1779
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident
- Majority of Illinois Independents in favor of government spending cuts, poll says
- Next round begins in lawyers' battle for billions; Tillery team seeks to restore Price, disqualify Karmeier
- General Motors says ignition switch lawsuits are misjoined; Seeks to transfer to Cook County
- IDC supports Prairie Farms in seeking to reverse revived '06 case; Argument centers on plaintiffs' failure to meet deadlines
- Candidate for Recorder says party bosses have attempted to intimidate her from running