Two St. Clair County women say they were hurt when another driver ran a red light in Washington Park and crashed into them.
Sharon and Elaine Reed filed a lawsuit against Dontay Moore Oct. 17 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
On March 24 Sharon was driving west on St. Clair Avenue, according to the complaint, with Elaine as her passenger. As they entered the intersection of Kings Highway, the Reeds claim Moore, driving south on Kings Highway, failed to stop at the red light and crashed into the side of their car.
The Reeds accuse Moore of negligence and ask for more than $100,000 in damages for medical expenses, loss of income and costs of the lawsuit. They are represented by attorneys Thomas C. Rich and Kristina D. Cooksey of Fairview Heights.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-551
- Son blames dozens of companies for father's exposure to asbestos, death
- Laborers' pension fund alleges Rawson Excavating failed to contribute funds
- Ex-worker alleges wrongful termination by Effingham County Health Department
- Motorist alleges another driver's negligence led to accident, injuries
- Widow blames dozens of employers for husband's asbestos-related death
- Meier sponsors legislation to ensure retention is only option for judges seeking to stay on bench
- Rauner: CPS takeover plan lives; He predicts non-Chicago Dems will join in support
- Patient accuses Apex Physical Therapy of harmful therapy
- Former president alleges O'Fallon Pharmacy guilty of wrongful termination
- Client alleges Life Insurance Co. owes disability benefits