Two St. Clair County women say they were hurt when another driver ran a red light in Washington Park and crashed into them.
Sharon and Elaine Reed filed a lawsuit against Dontay Moore Oct. 17 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
On March 24 Sharon was driving west on St. Clair Avenue, according to the complaint, with Elaine as her passenger. As they entered the intersection of Kings Highway, the Reeds claim Moore, driving south on Kings Highway, failed to stop at the red light and crashed into the side of their car.
The Reeds accuse Moore of negligence and ask for more than $100,000 in damages for medical expenses, loss of income and costs of the lawsuit. They are represented by attorneys Thomas C. Rich and Kristina D. Cooksey of Fairview Heights.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-551
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident