A Madison County woman says she was hurt when her car was hit by a trash truck while she was driving in Granite City.
Mary Ann Minner filed a lawsuit Oct. 31 in Madison County Circuit Court against Warren D. Collins and Waste Management.
According to the complaint, Minner was driving east on Emert Avenue on the morning of Oct. 15. As she neared the intersection of Maryville Road, Minner says Collins, driving a Peterbilt Motors Model 320 trash truck owned by Waste Management, pulled out of a parking space and crashed into her.
Minner accuses Collins and Waste Management of negligence and asks for more than $100,000 in damages for medical bills, lost income and court fees. She is represented by attorney John H. Hustava of Collinsville.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-1774
- Prenzler says he will run for Madison County Board Chairman; Proposes 10 percent reduction in property tax levy
- Belleville's city clerk announces bid for circuit clerk seat
- Illinois’s mass exodus: New IRS data shows significance of outmigration
- Madison County invests $1.6 million in Granite City school bonds; News comes after US Steel says it may shutter plant
- Renewable energy advocates continue push for Clean Jobs Bill; Big provider wants low-emission nuclear in discussion
- Hylla upheld by appellate court reviewing auto accident trial; Plaintiffs wanted new trial on damages and loss of consortium
- Rauner tries to crank up the pressure; Democrats say he’s peddling old material
- Family Violence Councils in Madison, St. Clair counties work to stop domestic violence
- McCarter announces bid for Congress; Will take on Shimkus in GOP primary
- Let’s let Boys ... become Men