A Madison County man has filed suit against his dentist, who he claims caused nerve injury in his mouth when he extracted a tooth.
Gerald Boyles claims defendant Dentist Jeffrey Lautz extracted tooth number 17 from Boyles’s mouth on Nov. 8, 2010. However, the extraction caused Boyles to sustain a nerve injury to his face, according to the complaint filed Oct. 30 in Madison County Circuit Court.
In addition to his nerve injury, Boyles became sick, sore and lame; experienced pain and suffering; incurred medical costs; and suffered numbness and disfigurement, the suit states.
In his complaint, Boyles is seeking a judgment of more than $50,000, plus costs and other relief the court deems just.
Lon D. Weaver of Weaver Law Office in Bethalto will be representing him.
Madison County Circuit Court case number: 12-L-1768.
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker