A Madison County man has filed suit against his dentist, who he claims caused nerve injury in his mouth when he extracted a tooth.
Gerald Boyles claims defendant Dentist Jeffrey Lautz extracted tooth number 17 from Boyles’s mouth on Nov. 8, 2010. However, the extraction caused Boyles to sustain a nerve injury to his face, according to the complaint filed Oct. 30 in Madison County Circuit Court.
In addition to his nerve injury, Boyles became sick, sore and lame; experienced pain and suffering; incurred medical costs; and suffered numbness and disfigurement, the suit states.
In his complaint, Boyles is seeking a judgment of more than $50,000, plus costs and other relief the court deems just.
Lon D. Weaver of Weaver Law Office in Bethalto will be representing him.
Madison County Circuit Court case number: 12-L-1768.
- County Coroner Rick Stone announces plans to retire
- Local leaders want voters to decide whether to dissolve debt-ridden CARD
- Local business owners discuss workers’ comp concerns with Gov. Rauner
- The kingdom of Madison County
- St. Clair County woman sues bowling alley following slip and fall
- Permanent grief claims in trooper widow's wrongful death case open door to discovery
- Madison County case filings expected to level out
- State grants to CUB under Quinn are examples of 'mis-prioritization' of spending, lawmaker says
- Madison County asbestos motion docket Oct. 5-9
- Madison County civil docket Oct. 5-9