A Madison County man has filed suit against his dentist, who he claims caused nerve injury in his mouth when he extracted a tooth.
Gerald Boyles claims defendant Dentist Jeffrey Lautz extracted tooth number 17 from Boyles’s mouth on Nov. 8, 2010. However, the extraction caused Boyles to sustain a nerve injury to his face, according to the complaint filed Oct. 30 in Madison County Circuit Court.
In addition to his nerve injury, Boyles became sick, sore and lame; experienced pain and suffering; incurred medical costs; and suffered numbness and disfigurement, the suit states.
In his complaint, Boyles is seeking a judgment of more than $50,000, plus costs and other relief the court deems just.
Lon D. Weaver of Weaver Law Office in Bethalto will be representing him.
Madison County Circuit Court case number: 12-L-1768.
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident