Democrat Judy Cates is leading Republican Stephen McGlynn in the more heavily populated counties of the Fifth Appellate District - Madison and St. Clair.
In Madison County, with 214 of 225 precincts reporting, Cates leads 59,820-49,590.
In St. Clair County, with 74 of 205 precincts reporting, Cates leads 22,638-15,706.
That represents a 57-43 percent lead.
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident
- Majority of Illinois Independents in favor of government spending cuts, poll says
- Next round begins in lawyers' battle for billions; Tillery team seeks to restore Price, disqualify Karmeier
- General Motors says ignition switch lawsuits are misjoined; Seeks to transfer to Cook County
- IDC supports Prairie Farms in seeking to reverse revived '06 case; Argument centers on plaintiffs' failure to meet deadlines
- Candidate for Recorder says party bosses have attempted to intimidate her from running