Democrat Judy Cates is leading Republican Stephen McGlynn in the more heavily populated counties of the Fifth Appellate District - Madison and St. Clair.
In Madison County, with 214 of 225 precincts reporting, Cates leads 59,820-49,590.
In St. Clair County, with 74 of 205 precincts reporting, Cates leads 22,638-15,706.
That represents a 57-43 percent lead.
- Governor, legislators roll out downsizing bills; Rauner: Downsizing, tax relief among budget keys
- Son blames dozens of companies for father's exposure to asbestos, death
- Laborers' pension fund alleges Rawson Excavating failed to contribute funds
- Ex-worker alleges wrongful termination by Effingham County Health Department
- Motorist alleges another driver's negligence led to accident, injuries
- Widow blames dozens of employers for husband's asbestos-related death
- Meier sponsors legislation to ensure retention is only option for judges seeking to stay on bench
- Rauner: CPS takeover plan lives; He predicts non-Chicago Dems will join in support
- Patient accuses Apex Physical Therapy of harmful therapy
- Former president alleges O'Fallon Pharmacy guilty of wrongful termination