A total of 135 new foreclosure notices were filed against Madison County property owners in September, according to the website Realtytrac.com which provides foreclosure statistics nationwide.
The site estimates that the figure represents in 748 Madison County households.
Statewide, there were 14,087 new foreclosure filings last month - the third most nationwide. California had the most at 37,917, followed by Florida at 28,235.
The September 2012 Madison County foreclosure figures by city are:
Granite City: 37
Wood River: 12
- County Coroner Rick Stone announces plans to retire
- Local leaders want voters to decide whether to dissolve debt-ridden CARD
- Local business owners discuss workers’ comp concerns with Gov. Rauner
- The kingdom of Madison County
- St. Clair County woman sues bowling alley following slip and fall
- Permanent grief claims in trooper widow's wrongful death case open door to discovery
- Madison County case filings expected to level out
- State grants to CUB under Quinn are examples of 'mis-prioritization' of spending, lawmaker says
- Madison County asbestos motion docket Oct. 5-9
- Madison County civil docket Oct. 5-9