A total of 135 new foreclosure notices were filed against Madison County property owners in September, according to the website Realtytrac.com which provides foreclosure statistics nationwide.
The site estimates that the figure represents in 748 Madison County households.
Statewide, there were 14,087 new foreclosure filings last month - the third most nationwide. California had the most at 37,917, followed by Florida at 28,235.
The September 2012 Madison County foreclosure figures by city are:
Granite City: 37
Wood River: 12
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident