A total of 135 new foreclosure notices were filed against Madison County property owners in September, according to the website Realtytrac.com which provides foreclosure statistics nationwide.
The site estimates that the figure represents in 748 Madison County households.
Statewide, there were 14,087 new foreclosure filings last month - the third most nationwide. California had the most at 37,917, followed by Florida at 28,235.
The September 2012 Madison County foreclosure figures by city are:
Granite City: 37
Wood River: 12
- Man injured when defendant drives into oncoming traffic, suit states
- Missouri couple sues over alleged injuries after accident on North Illinois Street
- Allegedly injured in well explosion, driver seeks damages from five defendants
- Negligence, wrongful death among counts against Anderson Hospital and physician
- State rep calls for investigation into Mautino's campaign finances
- Governor, legislators roll out downsizing bills; Rauner: Downsizing, tax relief among budget keys
- Son blames dozens of companies for father's exposure to asbestos, death
- Laborers' pension fund alleges Rawson Excavating failed to contribute funds
- Ex-worker alleges wrongful termination by Effingham County Health Department
- Motorist alleges another driver's negligence led to accident, injuries