To the Editor:
Recently I have become more interested than ever in the "Judicial System" as presently constituted in Madison County. Having been a resident of Madison County for over 75 years and involved in many civil litigations via my employer for 40 years I find the general opinion among so called "average residents" is one of corruption and good ole' boy network when it comes to the halls of Madison County government and the courthouse.
This county was run and still is managed by the Democratic machine. In years gone by if you wanted something done you only had to contact the right person in Madison County government and submit your request along with a healthy contribution and it was taken care of.
Unfortunately, some of that still prevails but now its been updated to fit the present day climate of outwardly appearing to be pure as the driven snow. From everyday county hourly workers to office holders and judges you must have the blessing of or recommendation of the Democratic Machine.
The reputation of the courts and judicial system still carry the stain of past actions and decisions in this county. Until a top to bottom house cleaning occurs in Madison County government I fear nothing will really change.
C. Dean Brown
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident