To the Editor:
Recently I have become more interested than ever in the "Judicial System" as presently constituted in Madison County. Having been a resident of Madison County for over 75 years and involved in many civil litigations via my employer for 40 years I find the general opinion among so called "average residents" is one of corruption and good ole' boy network when it comes to the halls of Madison County government and the courthouse.
This county was run and still is managed by the Democratic machine. In years gone by if you wanted something done you only had to contact the right person in Madison County government and submit your request along with a healthy contribution and it was taken care of.
Unfortunately, some of that still prevails but now its been updated to fit the present day climate of outwardly appearing to be pure as the driven snow. From everyday county hourly workers to office holders and judges you must have the blessing of or recommendation of the Democratic Machine.
The reputation of the courts and judicial system still carry the stain of past actions and decisions in this county. Until a top to bottom house cleaning occurs in Madison County government I fear nothing will really change.
C. Dean Brown
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker