An appellate court candidate forum scheduled today in Belleville has been canceled.
The event had been planned by the Appellate Lawyers Association (ALA) for Fifth District Appellate Court candidates Stephen McGlynn and Judy Cates.
ALA President William Hardy said an illness in Cates' family was cause for cancellation. He said it may be rescheduled in the fall.
McGlynn, a Republican, is a sitting circuit judge in St. Clair County. He was appointed to the seat following the July 2010 retirement of former Circuit Judge Michael O'Malley.
McGlynn also served on the appellate court, having filled a vacancy after Gordon Maag lost a retention race in 2004. In the general election race of 2006, McGlynn lost the seat to Bruce Stewart of Harrisburg.
Cates, a Democrat, is a Swansea personal injury attorney. She had previously sought a seat on the appellate court, but lost a primary race in 2008 to James Wexstten of Mount Vernon.
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker