A man wants to be awarded more than $50,000 after he says he fell on a slippery substance at a gas station.
Jeffrey A. Goodman filed a lawsuit Jan. 7 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against Dickerson Petroleum.
Goodman claims he visited a Gas Mart owned by Dickerson Petroleum on June 18 when he encountered a slippery substance on the top of a steel lid of an underground gas tank, causing him to fall.
Because of his fall, Goodman sustained injuries to his shoulders, arms, legs and back and incurred medical costs, according to the complaint.
Goodman blames Dickerson Petroleum for causing the collision, saying it failed to warn him of the slippery substance.
In addition to the more than $50,000 he seeks, Goodman wants to be awarded interest, costs and other relief the court deems just.
Robert J. Radice of Horas, Radice and Kellett in St. Louis will be representing him.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 10-L-9.
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker