To the Editor:
The Illinois State Bar Association applauds the Illinois General Assembly's action to end the death penalty in Illinois.
Our organization voted to support abolition three years ago because the application of the death penalty in Illinois has been demonstrated to be flawed. There can be no margin for error when imposing the death penalty.
We strongly urge Governor Quinn to sign the abolition bill into law.
Mark D. Hassakis
President, Illinois State Bar Association
- Son blames dozens of companies for father's exposure to asbestos, death
- Laborers' pension fund alleges Rawson Excavating failed to contribute funds
- Ex-worker alleges wrongful termination by Effingham County Health Department
- Motorist alleges another driver's negligence led to accident, injuries
- Widow blames dozens of employers for husband's asbestos-related death
- Meier sponsors legislation to ensure retention is only option for judges seeking to stay on bench
- Rauner: CPS takeover plan lives; He predicts non-Chicago Dems will join in support
- Patient accuses Apex Physical Therapy of harmful therapy
- Former president alleges O'Fallon Pharmacy guilty of wrongful termination
- Client alleges Life Insurance Co. owes disability benefits