To the Editor:
The Illinois State Bar Association applauds the Illinois General Assembly's action to end the death penalty in Illinois.
Our organization voted to support abolition three years ago because the application of the death penalty in Illinois has been demonstrated to be flawed. There can be no margin for error when imposing the death penalty.
We strongly urge Governor Quinn to sign the abolition bill into law.
Mark D. Hassakis
President, Illinois State Bar Association
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident
- Majority of Illinois Independents in favor of government spending cuts, poll says
- Next round begins in lawyers' battle for billions; Tillery team seeks to restore Price, disqualify Karmeier
- General Motors says ignition switch lawsuits are misjoined; Seeks to transfer to Cook County
- IDC supports Prairie Farms in seeking to reverse revived '06 case; Argument centers on plaintiffs' failure to meet deadlines
- Candidate for Recorder says party bosses have attempted to intimidate her from running