To the Editor:
The Illinois State Bar Association applauds the Illinois General Assembly's action to end the death penalty in Illinois.
Our organization voted to support abolition three years ago because the application of the death penalty in Illinois has been demonstrated to be flawed. There can be no margin for error when imposing the death penalty.
We strongly urge Governor Quinn to sign the abolition bill into law.
Mark D. Hassakis
President, Illinois State Bar Association
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker