A Belleville woman has filed suit against the owner of a Belleville apartment complex, alleging she broke her elbow after slipping on ice in the apartment complex's parking lot.
Lisa Cistruck claims she visited the apartment complex at 3100 Martha St. in Belleville on March 8, 2008, when she fell on accumulated ice and snow. Defendant DMAK Partners Trust 120 owned the building, according to the complaint.
In addition to her broken elbow, Cistruck incurred medical costs, sustained great pain and mental anguish and missed numerous working days, the suit states.
DMAK negligently failed to maintain its parking lot, failed to warn Cistruck she was being directed to a dangerous location and failed to remove the dangerous condition, the complaint says.
Gary A. Mack of the Law Offices of Gary A. Mack in Belleville will be representing her.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 10-L-104.
- Renewable energy advocates continue push for Clean Jobs Bill; Big provider wants low-emission nuclear in discussion
- Hylla upheld by appellate court reviewing auto accident trial; Plaintiffs wanted new trial on damages and loss of consortium
- Rauner tries to crank up the pressure; Democrats say he’s peddling old material
- Family Violence Councils in Madison, St. Clair counties work to stop domestic violence
- McCarter announces bid for Congress; Will take on Shimkus in GOP primary
- Let’s let Boys ... become Men
- Madison County asbestos jury docket Oct. 14
- Five things to know about Illinois’ sustainable municipal pension fund
- Hale attorneys must produce communications back to '05; State Farm seeks info for statute of limitations argument
- I-LAW's true motive: Profits before people