Man claims salsa made him extremely sick in suit against Los Tres Amigos

Kelly Holleran Jul. 16, 2009, 3:28am

A man has filed suit against a Wood River Mexican restaurant, alleging he became extremely sick after eating salsa.

Brooke Moody claims he ate at La Piadad Incorporated, doing business as Los Tres Amigos, on June 17, 2008.

After he ate at the restaurant, Moody became violently ill, suffered injuries of a lasting and permanent nature and incurred hospital bills, according to the complaint filed July 8 in Madison County Circuit Court.

He also suffered pain, disability, lost his normal life and lost large sums of money that would have otherwise accrued to him if he had been able to work, the suit states.

In the complaint, Moody says La Piadad served food tainted with salmonella, failed to inspect its food dispensing or containing equipment, failed to properly prepare, store and cook food products so as not to cause illness, failed to inspect its food for the possibility of bacteria in it, sold food to its customers that contained bacterial and other foodborne diseases and failed to provide adequate facilities for the preparation and sale of food.

Moody is seeking a judgment of more than $50,000, plus costs and other relief the court deems just.

He is represented by Robert H. Gregory of the Law Office of Robert H. Gregory in East Alton.

Madison County Circuit Court case number: 09-L-709.

More News