The mother of a deceased man has filed suit against a Washington Park adult entertainment nightclub, alleging her son was killed after being shot at the club.
Guadelupe Morales says her son, Frank Dover, was shot while visiting Dollies Playhouse on Dec. 20.
Five days later, Dover died of his wounds, according to the complaint filed April 21 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
Prior to the incident, Dollies Playhouse patrons repeatedly brought weapons onto its premises, the suit states.
Morales says the club was also the scene of frequent violent crimes, so it should have been aware of the need to implement security procedures. In addition, patrons should have been warned of the chance of criminal attacks, she says.
Before Dover got shot, Dollies Playhouse should have intervened and stopped the incident before he was harmed, the suit states.
However, the club had did not have an adequately trained guard force to patrol its premises, failed to provide adequate supervision and failed to deter the incident, so Dover was shot and killed, according to the complaint.
Before his death, Dover suffered great pain and emotional distress and incurred substantial medical costs, the suit states.
Because of Dover's death, Morales says she suffered loss of his companionship, society, love and affection.
In the two-count suit, she is seeking $100,000, plus pre-judgment interest and costs.
Kenneth A. Leeds of St. Louis will be representing her.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 09-L-206.
- Biotech X-Ray sued over alleged injuries in Illinois 13 accident
- Mother blames East St. Louis schools for daughter's fall
- Former worker alleges Dollar General fired her for pregnancy
- Kentucky firm alleges Interstate Farm failed to pay for purchases
- Widow alleges asbestos exposure caused husband's premature death
- Customer alleges Autoplex changed terms of contract after it was signed
- Brawl over bargaining bill resumes; With no AFSCME contract, stakes are high
- Motorist blames El Greco pizza driver for her injuries
- Wood River customer blames Captain D's for fall, injuries
- Motorist alleges another driver's negligence caused accident, injuries