The mother of a deceased man has filed suit against a Washington Park adult entertainment nightclub, alleging her son was killed after being shot at the club.
Guadelupe Morales says her son, Frank Dover, was shot while visiting Dollies Playhouse on Dec. 20.
Five days later, Dover died of his wounds, according to the complaint filed April 21 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
Prior to the incident, Dollies Playhouse patrons repeatedly brought weapons onto its premises, the suit states.
Morales says the club was also the scene of frequent violent crimes, so it should have been aware of the need to implement security procedures. In addition, patrons should have been warned of the chance of criminal attacks, she says.
Before Dover got shot, Dollies Playhouse should have intervened and stopped the incident before he was harmed, the suit states.
However, the club had did not have an adequately trained guard force to patrol its premises, failed to provide adequate supervision and failed to deter the incident, so Dover was shot and killed, according to the complaint.
Before his death, Dover suffered great pain and emotional distress and incurred substantial medical costs, the suit states.
Because of Dover's death, Morales says she suffered loss of his companionship, society, love and affection.
In the two-count suit, she is seeking $100,000, plus pre-judgment interest and costs.
Kenneth A. Leeds of St. Louis will be representing her.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 09-L-206.
- County Coroner Rick Stone announces plans to retire
- Local leaders want voters to decide whether to dissolve debt-ridden CARD
- Local business owners discuss workers’ comp concerns with Gov. Rauner
- The kingdom of Madison County
- St. Clair County woman sues bowling alley following slip and fall
- Permanent grief claims in trooper widow's wrongful death case open door to discovery
- Madison County case filings expected to level out
- State grants to CUB under Quinn are examples of 'mis-prioritization' of spending, lawmaker says
- Madison County asbestos motion docket Oct. 5-9
- Madison County civil docket Oct. 5-9