An East St. Louis man says the Illinois Lottery Control Board refused to pay him for a winning lottery ticket.
Johnnie Cooper filed suit April 14 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against Illinois Lottery Control Board.
Cooper says he purchased a lottery ticket on Aug. 28, 2007.
The ticket contained the winning numbers, but the Illinois Lottery Control Board refused to pay Cooper for it, he says.
Cooper does not state how much money he should have received.
Cooper, who is representing himself, is asking the court to declare him to be in possession of a winning ticket and entitled to the lottery payout of the Mega Millions Lottery Game.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 09-L-190.
- Madison County asbestos jury docket Oct. 14
- Five things to know about Illinois’ sustainable municipal pension fund
- Hale attorneys must produce communications back to '05; State Farm seeks info for statute of limitations argument
- I-LAW's true motive: Profits before people
- Fifth District reverses local courts five times in one week
- I-LAW criticizes judiciary during 'Lawsuit Abuse Awareness' rallies
- Madison County civil docket Oct. 13-16
- Madison County asbestos motion docket Oct. 13-14
- Madison County foreclosures Sept. 28-Oct. 2
- St. Clair County foreclosures Sept. 21-30