An East St. Louis man says the Illinois Lottery Control Board refused to pay him for a winning lottery ticket.
Johnnie Cooper filed suit April 14 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against Illinois Lottery Control Board.
Cooper says he purchased a lottery ticket on Aug. 28, 2007.
The ticket contained the winning numbers, but the Illinois Lottery Control Board refused to pay Cooper for it, he says.
Cooper does not state how much money he should have received.
Cooper, who is representing himself, is asking the court to declare him to be in possession of a winning ticket and entitled to the lottery payout of the Mega Millions Lottery Game.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 09-L-190.
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker