An East St. Louis man says the Illinois Lottery Control Board refused to pay him for a winning lottery ticket.
Johnnie Cooper filed suit April 14 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against Illinois Lottery Control Board.
Cooper says he purchased a lottery ticket on Aug. 28, 2007.
The ticket contained the winning numbers, but the Illinois Lottery Control Board refused to pay Cooper for it, he says.
Cooper does not state how much money he should have received.
Cooper, who is representing himself, is asking the court to declare him to be in possession of a winning ticket and entitled to the lottery payout of the Mega Millions Lottery Game.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 09-L-190.
- Simmons Foundation gave $2.5 million to Columbia Univ. over four years; Simmons firm received 26 asbestos referrals over same period
- Defendants in tax sale class action granted leave to appeal; High court directs Fifth District to vacate earlier orders
- Motorist alleges driver negligent in Belleville collision
- Former mayor alleges St. Jacob trustee made defamatory statements
- Belleville woman alleges motorist's negligence caused collision
- Patient accuses dentist of shoddy work
- Motorist blames vehicle's driver, owner for injuries she suffered in crash
- The Big Bad Lopinot gets blowback
- Couple alleges motorist negligent in collision
- Sanctions sought against asbestos lawyers for using John Crane as 'shill' to keep cases in Cook County