An East St. Louis man says the Illinois Lottery Control Board refused to pay him for a winning lottery ticket.
Johnnie Cooper filed suit April 14 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against Illinois Lottery Control Board.
Cooper says he purchased a lottery ticket on Aug. 28, 2007.
The ticket contained the winning numbers, but the Illinois Lottery Control Board refused to pay Cooper for it, he says.
Cooper does not state how much money he should have received.
Cooper, who is representing himself, is asking the court to declare him to be in possession of a winning ticket and entitled to the lottery payout of the Mega Millions Lottery Game.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 09-L-190.
- Biotech X-Ray sued over alleged injuries in Illinois 13 accident
- Mother blames East St. Louis schools for daughter's fall
- Former worker alleges Dollar General fired her for pregnancy
- Kentucky firm alleges Interstate Farm failed to pay for purchases
- Widow alleges asbestos exposure caused husband's premature death
- Customer alleges Autoplex changed terms of contract after it was signed
- Brawl over bargaining bill resumes; With no AFSCME contract, stakes are high
- Motorist blames El Greco pizza driver for her injuries
- Wood River customer blames Captain D's for fall, injuries
- Motorist alleges another driver's negligence caused accident, injuries