Workers' Compensation – Back to Basics, a continuing legal education program hosted by the Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA), will be held from 8:55 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 16, at Four Points by Sheraton, 319 Fountains Pkwy., in Fairview Heights.
The seminar will cover all aspects of a workers' compensation case. Topics include the initial client interview, trial preparation, review and appeal of workers' compensation cases, presenting your case to the commission and the appellate court, and ethical considerations. The program, which qualifies for 5.0 hours based on a 60 minute MCLE (Minimum Continuing Legal Education) credit hour, including .75 PMCLE credit hour, is sponsored by the ISBA Workers' Compensation Law Section.
The cost is $135 for ISBA members and $290 for non-members, if received by the ISBA one week prior to the program; thereafter, prices increase by $15 for members and non-members.
Payment must be made in advance by check, money order, or Visa/MasterCard/American Express.
For more information and/or to obtain a registration form, log onto the ISBA web site at www.isba.org, or call toll free 1-800-252-8908.
The 35,000-member ISBA, with offices in Springfield and Chicago, provides professional services to attorneys, and education and services to the public.
- Simmons Foundation gave $2.5 million to Columbia Univ. over four years; Simmons firm received 26 asbestos referrals over same period
- Defendants in tax sale class action granted leave to appeal; High court directs Fifth District to vacate earlier orders
- Motorist alleges driver negligent in Belleville collision
- Former mayor alleges St. Jacob trustee made defamatory statements
- Belleville woman alleges motorist's negligence caused collision
- Patient accuses dentist of shoddy work
- Motorist blames vehicle's driver, owner for injuries she suffered in crash
- The Big Bad Lopinot gets blowback
- Couple alleges motorist negligent in collision
- Sanctions sought against asbestos lawyers for using John Crane as 'shill' to keep cases in Cook County