Electrician files asbestos complaint against 13 corporations
A man recently diagnosed with mesothelioma filed an asbestos suit against 13 defendant corporations, claiming the disease was wrongfully caused.
Bruno Dobler claims he was diagnosed with the disease Oct. 31, 2007, according to a lawsuit filed Sept. 29 in Madison County Circuit Court.
Dobler says he worked form 1959 until 2000 as an electrician, engineer and owner and manager of an electric motor repair business at various locations, according to the lawsuit.
Dobler states his exposure was foreseeable and should have been anticipated by the defendants, according to the lawsuit.
He claims his disease was caused after he was exposed to and inhaled, ingested or otherwise absorbed asbestos fibers.
Dobler alleges the asbestos-related disease has disabled and disfigured him and has and will continue to compel him to expend and become liable for large sums of money for hospital, medical, and other health and services necessary for the treatment of the disease.
Dobler also has and will continue to experience great physical pain and mental anguish as a result of the disease, he claims in the lawsuit.
Mesothelioma hindered and prevented Dobler from pursuing his normal course of employment, according to the suit.
As a result, he lost large sums of money, he claims.
In the two-count lawsuit, Dobler seeks sums in excess of $50,000 and compensatory damages in excess of $50,000.
He also seeks punitive damages in an amount sufficient to punish the defendants for their misconduct and to deter similarly situated parties from committing like acts of misconduct in the future.
He is represented by Robert Phillips and Perry J. Browder of SimmonsCooper LLC in East Alton.