Metal piece in spicy chicken sandwich causes injury
Jack in the Box
A man who broke his tooth when biting into a spicy chicken sandwich at the Granite City Jack in the Box filed a personal injury suit in Madison County Circuit Court June 4.
Jason Waters alleges the experience damaged him in excess of $50,000.
He was at the Jack in the Box located at 3675 Nameoki Road in Granite City on Oct. 10, 2007, when he bit down upon a "foreign metal object" in his sandwich which caused his tooth to break.
Waters claims Jack in the Box had a duty to use reasonable care in its dealings with the public so as to avoid the infliction of injury.
He claims the fast food restaurant was negligent by failing to warn him that metal was in his sandwich and failed to properly train its employees in avoiding placing metal pieces in their sandwiches.
Represented by John Hustava of Collinsville, Waters claims he suffered extensive injuries to his teeth that has and will continue to involve dental care.
Waters also claims his injury caused him to sustain a disability which caused and will continue to cause pain and suffering, medical expenses and lost wages.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Barbara Crowder.
08 L 489