Finger amputated by malfunctioning door, man claims
A customer of a Fairview Heights Huck's convenience store claims his finger was amputated by a malfunctioning door, according to a personal injury lawsuit filed June 29 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
Mark Green claims that while he was entering the store located at Old Collinsville Road and Highway 50, a spring on the door was loaded and swung into him.
He also claims he injured his rotator cuff during the incident which took place on April 4.
Represented by Bruce Cook of Cook, Ysursa, Bartholomew, Brauer & Shevlin of Belleville, Green is seeking in excess of $50,000 for his injuries.
The suit claims the defendant, Martin & Bayley, Inc., failed to warn invitees that the door was malfunctioning and failed to maintain and inspect the door.