Electrician's widow sues AmerenIP
AmerenIP is being sued by a woman whose husband was electrocuted at the power company's Belleville facility last year.
Teresa Culli filed suit July 7 in St. Clair County Circuit Court claiming AmerenIP was negligent for the death of Brian Culli Aug. 2, 2005.
He was changing an electrical ballast and came in contact with a live wire, according to the suit.
Brian Culli was an electrician employed by Lowry Electric Co., who was hired by AmerenIP to perform maintenance work at its facility at 1050 West Blvd.
According to the complaint, AmerenIP employees couldn't administer immediate medical attention to Culli because he was on a hydraulic lift they did not know how to use.
"Defendant AmerenIP failed to provide timely onsite care following the incident because AmerenIP employees were not trained in the usage of the hydraulic lift and were unable to provide immediate medical attention to Decedent who was in need of such medical attention," the complaint states.
Teresa Culli, represented by Roger Denton and Julia Eades of Schlichter, Bogard & Denton in St. Louis, is seeking in excess of $50,000 for her husband's pain and suffering as well as for medical bills, funeral expenses, loss of future economic support and benefits and loss of the pecuniary value.
The suit also seeks damages on behalf of the Culli's two minor children.