Pot handle comes loose, woman sues Wal-Mart for burns

Steve Gonzalez Nov. 21, 2005, 7:33am

Krystal Blacknell filed a personal injury lawsuit against Wal-Mart claiming her leg was burned after a two-handled pot containing boiling water broke while she lifted it from the stove.

According to the suit filed in Madison County Circuit Court Nov. 16, Blacknell claims that the pot--which she received as a housewarming gift--was unreasonably dangerous. She is seeking damages in excess of $50,000.

The brand of the pot was not disclosed in the suit.

The injury allegedly happened Oct. 28 after a screw came loose from one of the pot's handles.

She claims she sustained serious and permanent injuries, scarring, medical expenses and pain and suffering.

Blacknell is represented by James Gorman of Lucco, Brown, Threlkeld and Dawson of Edwardsville.

The case has been assigned to Circuit judge Nicholas Byron.

05 L 1164

More News