Moose Lodge being sued for slippery floor
Moose Lodge #1221
A Belleville woman attending a baby shower at the Swansea Moose Lodge is alleging permanent injuries from slipping on the lodge's kitchen floor in a suit filed in St. Clair County Circuit Court Nov. 7.
Hazel Nuener claims that on Nov. 8, 2003, Moose Lodge #1221 on Route 159 in Swansea failed to maintain its kitchen floor when it knew that such a failure created a hazard.
Nuener also claims Moose failed to warn, fix or inspect the kitchen floor.
According to Nuener, she slipped and fell with great force injuring her left hip.
Represented by Gregory Skinner of Belleville, Nuener is seeking at least $50,000 in damages for the injuries she sustained.
05 L 636 (20th Circuit)