To the editor:
Regarding your editorial of May 2: Judge Andy Matoesian found no cause to excuse Drexel Harvey, former college roommate of Tom Lakin, from the jury pool in Jablonski vs. Ford Motor Co.
And you find fault with the judge.
Apparently the attorneys for the Michigan automotive giant, who presumably had a right to excuse Harvey, had no problem with him serving, either.
Now you tell me. Who in courtroom 351 was shirking his responsibility in this case?
Shame on The Record for implying that Judge Matoesian had any motive other than upholding the law in the interest of justice! I have known the judge for more than 30 years and his integrity is beyond reproach.
Of course, it would never even dawn on The Record that the attorneys for the corporate defendant blew it.
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident