Madison County Circuit Judge Andy Matoesian will hear all pending motions in a fraud class action suit against Nissan Motor Acceptance (NMAC), which loans money to Nissan customers, on Dec. 1.
The class action suit was filed by Chad Carpenter on Sept. 11, 2002, alleging Nissan and NMAC schemed to charge consumers more than they should for financing.
Carpenter is represented by Daniel J. Cohen of the Lakin Law Firm in Wood River.
NMAC is represented by Hinshaw & Culbertson of Chicago. This is the 14th lawsuit filed against NMAC in Madison County since 1990.
Carpenter alleges that Nissan fraudulently marked up financing fees above and beyond what was charged by NMAC.
Founded in 1982, NMAC is the automotive financial services arm of Nissan North America.
02 L 1277
- Simmons Foundation gave $2.5 million to Columbia Univ. over four years; Simmons firm received 26 asbestos referrals over same period
- Defendants in tax sale class action granted leave to appeal; High court directs Fifth District to vacate earlier orders
- Motorist alleges driver negligent in Belleville collision
- Former mayor alleges St. Jacob trustee made defamatory statements
- Belleville woman alleges motorist's negligence caused collision
- Patient accuses dentist of shoddy work
- Motorist blames vehicle's driver, owner for injuries she suffered in crash
- The Big Bad Lopinot gets blowback
- Couple alleges motorist negligent in collision
- Sanctions sought against asbestos lawyers for using John Crane as 'shill' to keep cases in Cook County