Madison County Circuit Judge Andy Matoesian will hear all pending motions in a fraud class action suit against Nissan Motor Acceptance (NMAC), which loans money to Nissan customers, on Dec. 1.
The class action suit was filed by Chad Carpenter on Sept. 11, 2002, alleging Nissan and NMAC schemed to charge consumers more than they should for financing.
Carpenter is represented by Daniel J. Cohen of the Lakin Law Firm in Wood River.
NMAC is represented by Hinshaw & Culbertson of Chicago. This is the 14th lawsuit filed against NMAC in Madison County since 1990.
Carpenter alleges that Nissan fraudulently marked up financing fees above and beyond what was charged by NMAC.
Founded in 1982, NMAC is the automotive financial services arm of Nissan North America.
02 L 1277
- Motorist blames two drivers for injuries in chain reaction collision
- Belleville attorney alleges legal malpractice suit barred by statute of limitations
- Flooring companies seek to dismiss man’s lawsuit alleging chemical exposures caused Parkinson’s disease
- Wal-Mart removes customer’s suit alleging injuries from automatic doors
- Belleclair Fairgrounds Park denies liability in man’s suit alleging collapsed chair
- Collinsville attorney and adoption agency deny liability in botched adoption
- Injured customer blames Walmart for slippery floor
- This house of CARD's is going to fall eventually
- Funding shortfalls for higher ed have more to do with bloated pensions and admin costs, not lack of budget, report says
- Madison County civil docket Feb. 16-19