Madison County Circuit Judge Andy Matoesian will hear all pending motions in a fraud class action suit against Nissan Motor Acceptance (NMAC), which loans money to Nissan customers, on Dec. 1.
The class action suit was filed by Chad Carpenter on Sept. 11, 2002, alleging Nissan and NMAC schemed to charge consumers more than they should for financing.
Carpenter is represented by Daniel J. Cohen of the Lakin Law Firm in Wood River.
NMAC is represented by Hinshaw & Culbertson of Chicago. This is the 14th lawsuit filed against NMAC in Madison County since 1990.
Carpenter alleges that Nissan fraudulently marked up financing fees above and beyond what was charged by NMAC.
Founded in 1982, NMAC is the automotive financial services arm of Nissan North America.
02 L 1277
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker