Madison County Circuit Judge Andy Matoesian will hear all pending motions in a fraud class action suit against Nissan Motor Acceptance (NMAC), which loans money to Nissan customers, on Dec. 1.
The class action suit was filed by Chad Carpenter on Sept. 11, 2002, alleging Nissan and NMAC schemed to charge consumers more than they should for financing.
Carpenter is represented by Daniel J. Cohen of the Lakin Law Firm in Wood River.
NMAC is represented by Hinshaw & Culbertson of Chicago. This is the 14th lawsuit filed against NMAC in Madison County since 1990.
Carpenter alleges that Nissan fraudulently marked up financing fees above and beyond what was charged by NMAC.
Founded in 1982, NMAC is the automotive financial services arm of Nissan North America.
02 L 1277
- County Coroner Rick Stone announces plans to retire
- Local leaders want voters to decide whether to dissolve debt-ridden CARD
- Local business owners discuss workers’ comp concerns with Gov. Rauner
- The kingdom of Madison County
- St. Clair County woman sues bowling alley following slip and fall
- Permanent grief claims in trooper widow's wrongful death case open door to discovery
- Madison County case filings expected to level out
- State grants to CUB under Quinn are examples of 'mis-prioritization' of spending, lawmaker says
- Madison County asbestos motion docket Oct. 5-9
- Madison County civil docket Oct. 5-9