A group of motorcycle owners are suing over claims their motorcycles were destroyed in a fire at a repair shop.
James Tadlock, Scott Arnett, Fred Beyrau, Joseph and Amber Goodwin, Darren Hrbek, Chris Hurst, Ullon and Denise Sechrest and Steve and Myrna Simpson filed a lawsuit April 9 in the Madison County Circuit Court against Joseph Jones, doing business as Joe's Hawg Doc, citing negligence.
The same plaintiffs sued other defendants involving the same incident in 2012.
According to the complaint, on June 4, 2011, a fire occurred at Joe's Hawg Doc on Horseshoe Lake Road in Pontoon Beach. The plaintiffs say their motorcycles, which were on the premises for repair or modification, were destroyed in the fire. The defendant is accused of having knowledge of combustible materials, but failing to remove the danger or equip the property with fire extinguishers, alarms, sprinklers, or hydrants.
The plaintiffs are seeking damages in an amount to be determined by the court. They are being represented in the case by attorneys Glenn E. Bradford and William E. Miller III.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 14L552.
- I-LAW's true motive: Profits before people
- Fifth District reverses local courts five times in one week
- I-LAW criticizes judiciary during 'Lawsuit Abuse Awareness' rallies
- Madison County civil docket Oct. 13-16
- Madison County asbestos motion docket Oct. 13-14
- Madison County foreclosures Sept. 28-Oct. 2
- St. Clair County foreclosures Sept. 21-30
- Are we wasting money on the Citizens Utility Board?
- Madison County real estate Sept. 16-22
- St. Clair County real estate Sept. 21-25